Saturday 28 July 2012

Post 15: RBNY12 - July 2012

Hello!

Wow, I'm writing this blog on the morning after the night before. That night being the Opening Ceremony for the London Olympics. It was amazing! I mean, The Queen and James Bond! Amazing! Watching it also made me think a lot about Jo and how much she'd have loved it and what the next two weeks has in store. We will also have an emotional connection to the Olympic Games, Jo had been to Beijing and was travelling back when she had her accident.

Right on with the update and RBNY12, yes that's RBNY12, It stands for Richard Brown New York 12 (as in 2012). More about why that is relevant later. I can safely and (quite) proudly say the past month has been by far the most successful, enjoyable and productive month. That said it did need to be as time is against me now, but never the less it been good. The diet really gave me that kick start, I've lost about a stone and a half which has really help with the running. I've also got some big (well big for me) runs in. I'd say biggest achievement this month has been the mental improvement. When I run I am now able to push through the pain and the dreaded 'walls' a lot more easily.

It is currently 14 weeks until the marathon, which is a really scary thought, but having had such a good month there is reason of optimism. I've got my official NYC Marathon training top come through, which is really cool.

On to RBNY12. For those of you that know me you'll know I don't often promote The JB Trust in terms of asking for money. However, this blog is going to be an exception to that. As I said in my original entry of this blog, the reason for me doing the NYC Marathon is to run it for Jo. Jo was in training for the NYC marathon at the time of her death and would have run it that November (2008). I'm also doing it to raise awareness and money for The JB Trust so we can keep on supporting young athletes and sports projects in Jo's name. If you think what I am doing is worth sponsoring I'd be most grateful if you'd consider sponsoring me. Jo was always adamant that if you ever did anything where you asked people for sponsorship that you had to 'earn your money'. Hopefully you'll think what I am doing fits in to that ethos.

There are 3 ways to you can sponsor me:

1) A good old fashion cash donation when you see me next.
2) By visiting my Just Giving Page www.justgiving.com/RBNY12
3) By texting RBNY12 and the amount you'd like to donate to 70070 e.g.'RBNY12 £5'

I'd also ask that if you could forward this blog, the page about what I'm doing on The JB Trust website (www.TheJoannaBrownTrust.org/RBNY12) to friends and work colleagues as it will help raise the profile of the charity. As I said, it's about raising awareness as well as money. For those of you on Facebook and Twitter you may have noticed that I use #RBNY12. Again it's just a subtle way of promoting what I am going, so please feel free to use it.

As always, thanks for listening and don't forget...

RBNY12

Cheers,
Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment